Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Work in Progress...

I am enjoying sewing! Mason now has a comforter from Snookie (not the one for his crib...but for his mini crib in our room) and two blankets Snookie & I made.

Project Runway Edition (haha):




1st blanket made for Mason with cowboy print on one side and flannel on the other:




2nd blanket with blue stripes on one side and dots on the other:




I like the idea of making the blanets any material I want and any size I want. Mom & I stayed up until 3am sewing one night, we didn't get started until 11pm.



On Sunday, I decided I would try an outfit...I sewed the pants only to find out it was ONE LEG of the pants I was supposed to fold the material over and have two peices. Haha...Oh well I am learning how the patterns work. If I would have succeeded it would have been a cute, cheap, made with love outfit!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! You are such a good Mommy. You should know I am already prepared to spoil that sweet baby as much as we try to spoil Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl- You never got my message back to you about the sewing tips? I was wondering why I never heard back from you! Haha! Now I know! I probably said a lot of junk and it sounds like you are doing a great job! I did say that I got the bumper inserts at Hancock Fabrics. And I didn't use a pattern, but just used baby sewing books to get some tips and ideas. Also I found an easy way to make ruffles or gathering by using elastic and sewing it on taunt then when you let go it's ruffled- but not sure that would help you at all with a little boy. Let me know if you need to know anything and I can tell you how I attempted it! :)
    Good luck- I enjoy reading your blog!
    Nat

    ReplyDelete