Thursday, February 4, 2010

School Days

I love my 7th graders...OK, most of them! Today was like a Friday, because we don't have school tomorrow! YAY! I couldn't be happier about a Friday off! However, I do love being a teacher and having relationships with my students. One thing that happened today that made me laugh was a sign one of them made for me and put on my desk. She even cut out numbers and put beside it. It read,
"Please take a number I am busy grading, talking to my belly, and snacking but I'll get back to you. Love, Mrs. Murphree."
Oh Jazz, she is a nut!





I also received a memorable gift today from one of my students. Skye, she is such a sweetheart, I love having her in class. She brought me a blanket that she and her mom made last night. It read, "For a precious baby boy. From: Skye." It also had a bag that the blanket fits in. It was so sweet of her I love it and so will Mason!




Wow that is one BIG BELLY!


3 comments:

  1. 2 blogs in one week!! I am so impressed Lace! Teaching can be stressful but most of the time, the kids make it worth it! Every day mine ask, "Mrs. McCoy, what did Dylan do or say last night?" - they LOVE Dylan stories! Yours will soon be asking what Mason did last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - where did that baby belly come from? I know I haven't seen you in a few weeks - but really - you have a cute belly now! It is so exciting - I can't wait to spoil another nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! I was wondering if you got my message back about the sewing? I can't wait to see what you do! I was looking at your nursery and it looks like it's going to be adorable! Hope you are doing good.
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete