Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday Night at the Police Staion

No...I didn't go to jail or anything! I'm just living the life of a police officer's wife. Which my mom did for years...props to her! Well, we didn't have school today so I stayed home rested and really didn't get near as much done as I was hoping to. I worked on the taxes, did some laundry, cleaned the downstairs, but didn't make it upstairs. After being home all day, Brian and I had talked about using one of our gift cards from Christmas and going out to dinner when he got home from work. So, as I am putting on my make up, after I had showered and did my hair, Brian calls. It's 7:30, which is when he usually gets home, and said there had been a DWI accident and he had to stay and work on it. Him knowing I was getting ready to go to dinner says, I can pick us up something and bring it to the station. So, that I did. Instead of going to Texas Roadhouse on a Friday night out of the house, we had Subway at the police station while Brian was working on a report. He had a chance to show me his traffic office, now that he works for the traffic unit of the department. I enjoyed seeing where he worked and also seeing a couple of officers I knew. Brian loves his job! Now I am home it's 11:15 and he is still not here :(


A Police Officer's Wife

A special kind of woman: a cut above the rest,
That's A Police Officer's Wife, rating her best.

How many good byes are whispered, joined with a fond embrace?
As duty steals her man, for the danger he must face.

How often have meals been ruined - or tender moments disturbed,
by a call for special duty, sparking loyalty unswerved?

It's a devil of a job, for an angel like this,
Who......for the love of her man, must forsake that kiss,

She can run a garden tractor; even paint a room in need,
How she can stretch a dollar is a miracle indeed.

She's mother, lover, chauffeur and nurse,
A living symbol of: "for better or for worse."

Rich is the man, reaping his rewards in life,
Who chose to be the other half of
A Police Officer's Wife.


No comments:

Post a Comment