Monday, February 1, 2010

Baby Baby Baby

That's all I can think about lately. Yes, a baby! Mason Wayne Murphree is due to grace us with his presence May 31st. I hoping he comes a little early, like maybe May 17th...that would be the BEST birthday present. There is an enormous amount of preparation that goes into getting ready for baby. There are decisions to make that I did not even know existed. My newest addiction is baby coupons and websites with discounted items. I have spent my spare time registering for websites with free samples and coupons. Today I was introduced to diapers.com...thanks Amy! You can order your diapers with Ecoupons and they are delivered to your door. Amazing! Besides the coupon frenzy I have been on we have also started to decorate the nursery. Brian & I have looked at pictures of nurseries online for days...OK maybe months now and this past weekend we decided to make a decision and go for it. We ended up with light blue on top, dark brown on the bottom and we are going to put up a white chair rail around the middle. I have also purchased some fabric to make Mason's bedding and eventually his curtains and different items around the room. The possibilities are endless..ha. My mom, grandmother, and I are going to plan a sewing weekend where we can get everything made...I am looking forward to this so much! I am not the best at sewing but I want to get better and now is my chance. It is going to be a little buckaroo room!

Here is the room before:




Here is the room so far after the light blue and brown paint are complete (please ignore the ladder and objects covering the floor):



A big thanks to Ringo and Snookie for coming out this weekend and helping us! Little Mase will appreciate it!

Our little cowboy's fabric (we actually did not get the red and we are going to get a light blue instead of this blue):



We went looking yesterday at rugs, we have to purchase a cowhide rug for the room to be complete:



Now I found this on ebay and I want to create something similar with the shades but not the horses:




Here is the wall decal I love:



Hopefully, we will have more of the room put together in a couple weeks. Looking forward to seeing it all put together.


Now for a mommy update: I am feeling much better. However, the second I say that I will be back to getting sick on a daily basis. I am 23 weeks prego now and last week still had problems keeping down my food. I am not so excited about getting bigger and bigger each week. When people ask when I am due and say OH MY! All I can think about is the kiss FM GET OVER IT line. I want to call and say yes my stomach is huge and I am not due until May...Get over it! Oh, and to those of you who see me each week yes I get bigger and guess what next week my tummy will be even BIGGER just prepare yourself and keep the comments to yourself. Ha ha...OK that is only to a couple people the rest of you have been so sweet. Saying I look so cute and have the pregnant glow...I'm not feeling the glow yet though. On a better hand, it is a great feeling to feel Mason moving around and know that he is growing like he should be so far. I am so thankful for him. Please keep the prayers coming our way!

I am also looking for prospects to keep Mason next school year anyone have any suggestions please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Mason's room is going to be so cute! I love everything you have picked out. And I love the get over it lines, so funny! I hope you are doing well, I am praying for yall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it! I called to see if I can recruit your help with the light fixture? I need some input!

    ReplyDelete