Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Logan Ty

Our precious baby boy #2 made his arrival October 7th, 2011. It was a scheduled C-section due to previous attempt to have Mason "the other way" and it didn't work out. There was no reason to put myself through that again...and it was a GREAT decision. We showed up to the hospital at 7:30am, the nurses & anesthesiologists prepped me for surgery. They couldn't find a good place to put my IV and pricked me in 4 different places until it ended up right in the crease of my right arm. Glad it finally worked but not a good place for an IV after the baby came. Other than that everything else went smoothly. Logan was born at 10:20am, 7lbs 10oz, 20.5 inches long. Just born:
My first time meeting little Logan:
Daddy's first time holding this precious boy:
I felt so much better this time after the surgery. I guess it really did take it out of me with Mason to endure labor for 12 hours and THEN have surgery. My first reaction when seeing him was that he was a skinny version of his big bro. I think they look alike, but Logan is smaller than Mase was at birth. Logan:
Mason:
We were at the hospital for 3 nights, and everything went well while we were there. I breastfed Logan without supplementing at the hospital and he was 6lbs 15oz when we left, which was a 9% weight loss and they become concerned when it gets to 10%. After visiting the pediatrician he gave us a supplementing regimen to follow and we have been following that for the most part. Breastfeeding for 30 min and then a bottle is doable right now with my hubby home chasing Mason, not sure how long I will be able to do it though. Because of my reduction the milk supply is loowww!!! Wish it wasn't but Mason had formula and he's just fine! My recovery has been a lot better this time also, as far as the incision goes. It feels a lot better! Now, AROUND the incision NOT so good! My redhead, freckled, sensitive skin self had an allergic reaction to the adhesive in the tape the doctor used to put a bandage over the incision site. She only left it on for 1 day but after I got home it was all red and I couldn't even sleep it was so itchy!!! I used the tube of my prescription in a few days and it was supposed to last me a month, but it is feeling better now! Logan is such a sweet little relaxed baby! He sleeps soo good for us! 6 or 7 hours at night :0) Mason is coming around to him and loves to give him a tap here and there when he runs by. He also tries to climb in his bed with him!!

1 comment:

  1. Both boys are so cute! Gives me baby fever seeing newborn pictures- can't wait to get this baby out! Congrats and blog more often ;)

    ReplyDelete