Wednesday, June 30, 2010

5 Weeks...

The last 5 weeks of our lives have brought along changes! 5 weeks ago today Mason Wayne Murphree made his appearance and life will never be the same again in a great way! I cannot beleive how much he is loved by not only Brian & I but our family and friends as well. He is a lucky little man. He has blessed our lives in so many ways. I love him more and more everyday. It doesn't seem possible to love him more than I do now but tomorrow I will. God has given us this perfect little angel and I pray he continues to bless us :)

On the other hand, we are TIRED! Haha..talk about sleepy. Mason keeps us up about every two hours. Daddy usually takes the last feeding around 11 or 12 and I am up for the ones throughout the night and then Daddy is back up around 7 or 8 to spend time with him before he has to get ready for work. I am truly thankful for his help! On the weekends we take turns getting up with him.

I started this blog yesterday and now I am going to try and finish it! Our AT&T is not working right and I am not able to watch my regular news this morning while up with Mason...it is driving me crazy that the TV is not working. Mason did do better with his sleeping tonight though he was up at 12:30 and 4:00 he is currently in the swing which he has not been a fan of until I tried again yesterday and he was enjoying it. We will see how long it lasts this time...

Yesterday Mason had a doctors appointment he was 9lbs 14oz, 21 3/4 in which were both in the 50% range for his age. Everything looked great. He got his 2nd hep shot and barely let out a couple wines but that's it!

At 5 weeks he is currently:
Holding his head up when help upright
Grasps things when held in front of him
Smiles socially (and we love it)
It starting to distiguish parents from others

Also...last night Brian was holding him and he turned his head my way when I said his name. Hopefully, he is learning that too!

He fell asleep in the swing so I layed him down in his bed...We will see if he lasts I hear him.


Such a sweet boy in the hospital still:





After his 1st bath at home:





Sleepy Momma:




3 Weeks Old/Smiling in his sleep:





4 Weeks Old/Just rolled over:

3 comments:

  1. LOVE HIM!!!!! We need to plan a play date during the week. I haven't seen him in forever and I think he's changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering when you would get back to your blog. I don't get on facebook, but check your blog periodically and hope you post to it often. I want to see the pics taken by the infant photographer and Jodie (is that her name)that came to your house to photograph him. Love the pics you have posted! Meema

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! I always gave Lola a little extra at night to eat or thickened her bottle with rice cereal which allowed 5-7 hours of uninterrupted sleep. :) Just an idea. And she slept with me which did wonders, I just let it go on too long and now she is still sleeping with me :(

    If you need anything, let me know. I would be glad to help.

    He is adorable! Congrats again!

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete